The mission of the SETI Institute is to explore, understand and explain the origin, nature and prevalence of life in the universe.
We believe we are conducting the most profound search in human history — to know our beginnings and our place among the stars.
The SETI-JAM is a new initiative of the SETI Institute to help educate and engage a broad sector of the public in the ground-breaking research happening at the institute. With over 80 scientists researching everything from extremophile life in Antarctica to finding the first habitable planet around another star, SETI Institute research covers much more than you may think!
This is the first stage in the institute's new initiative to create innovative ways to engage the public in our research. In Launching SETI-JAM, the Institute is advised by a number of game industry leaders, please take a minute to check out their companies:
- Ryan Williams, Director of Engineering, Spry Fox Games | @spryfox
- Jillian Ogle, Founder, Aylo Games | @Aylogames
- Rob Jagnow, Founder & CEO, Lazy 8 Studios | @RobJagnow
- Brendan Mauro, Lead Artist, Lazy 8 Studios | @bmau_ro
- Brandon Sheffield, Director, Necrosoft Games | @necrosofty
- Pete Angstadt, Co-Founder, Turtle Sandbox | @petey123567
- Keith Nemitz, Principal Developer, Mousechief Co. | @musenik